There may be the occasion where one tenant decides to leave the tenancy and not be replaced, or a tenant may choose to join the tenancy who was not named on the original agreement. See below the ways in which we can account for these changes.
You will need to go ahead and email us (email@example.com) with the following:
- A signed copy of the deed of adherence with all the tenants including the original and incoming tenants
- A copy of the incoming tenant agreeing in writing that they agree to the original inventory which is signed
- You'll need to provide us with the email address and name of the incoming tenant
- We will charge the incoming tenant a fee of £50 to cover our admin expenses
- It is also your responsibility to make sure the incoming tenant has signed up and paid their £50 (there will be no cover in place until they complete payment)
- As soon as the incoming tenant has done this they will be responsible for their share of the liability
- The current Reposit is checked out and end of tenancy charges are raised against both tenants. You would need to conduct the usual checkout report etc and the create a new Reposit for the tenant remaining, they would then be required to pay a new Reposit fee and you would need to issue a new tenancy agreement along with a new property inventory.
- Prior to removing a tenant from a Reposit, you need to carry out affordability checks on the remaining tenant. The remaining tenant alone will need to pass the referencing criteria of affordability which is worked out by their monthly rent x 30. You will then need to forward us proof of this. If the remaining tenant does not pass this check, then you will be required to use option A.
- Once confirmed, please let us know which tenant is outgoing and which tenant is remaining.
- You would need to conduct a check of the property and decide whether any damages need to be charged to the outgoing tenant for their portion.
- For example, if there is a broken sink which equates to £100 worth of repairs, the outgoing tenant is liable to pay back £50 before they are able to be removed from the Reposit, the remaining tenant will be required to pay for their portion at the end of the tenancy.
Once the above is established, please send Reposit (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- The new affordability check results
- The signed AST from this the original tenancy
- The signed deed of assignment for the new tenancy
- The signed inventory report from the original tenancy
- The signed interim (mid-tenancy) inspection report for the new tenancy
- Depending on the type of charges that need to be settled please also send:
- Damages - Quotes for the cost of work (the checkout report/check should highlight these issues compared to the original state of the inventory)
- Rent arrears - Rent statement and rent chaser emails to the tenant
- Then, please send written confirmation that the tenant remaining in the property takes on the full liability of the inventory and any end of tenancy charges.