We are partnered with the insurance company Canopius, a top 10 insurer in the Lloyd’s market. Once a tenant pays the service charge, equivalent to one weeks rent, the landlord for that property is added to an insurance policy. This policy means that in the event a tenant defaults on a fair payment at the end of a tenancy, Canopius will pay out to the landlord. The maximum claim amount is up to 6 weeks worth of damage and rent arrears.
Articles in this section
- Who are Canopius?
- How does insurance work with Reposit?
- My tenant has a pet, can we increase the Reposit?
- Our Landlord has decided to use another managing agent, what happens now?
- How can I transfer someone on a traditional deposit onto Reposit?
- Can we take the one week payment in branch for the tenant and then transfer it to you?
- Do we still take the usual fees in branch?
- My tenant doesn’t have an email address, how do I put this through Reposit?
- Where is the prescribed information?
- How will the fee ban affect Reposit?