We are partnered with the insurance company Canopius, a top 10 insurer in the Lloyd’s market. Once a tenant pays the service charge, equivalent to one weeks rent, the landlord for that property is added to an insurance policy. This policy means that in the event a tenant defaults on a fair payment at the end of a tenancy, Canopius will pay out to the landlord. The maximum claim amount is up to 8 weeks worth of damage and rent arrears.
Articles in this section
- Landlord FAQs
- How does insurance work with Reposit?
- Who are Canopius?
- Will I receive the 8 weeks of rent to hold in my bank account once the tenant has paid the one week fee?
- Do I need to sign up for an account?
- Do I need to do anything if my tenant wants to use Reposit?
- How much is a Reposit?
- My tenant currently has a deposit registered with one of the traditional schemes, can I transfer them onto Reposit?
- Why would I use Reposit?
- What is Reposit?