Exactly the same evidence that you would submit if it were a traditional deposit. This includes but is not limited to: check-in/out report, inventory, pictures, communication of trying to resolve claims before ADR, quotes/invoices to rectify the damage or cleaning issues.
Articles in this section
- What happens if a tenant is unresponsive to an end of tenancy claim?
- Once the adjudicator has made a decision how long will it take for the Landlord to receive their money?
- Is the adjudicators decision final?
- Will we receive a copy of the Alternative Dispute Resolution report?
- Does it cost us anything to take the dispute to ADR?
- How fast do the ADR decisions take?
- Who do you use for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
- If there is a claim, how long will the process take to get the Landlord his money?
- How long does a tenant have to accept or dispute a claim?
- Do I still need to communicate to the tenant beforehand that there is going to be a claim?